Repair Or Replace Your Air Conditioner For Dallas Homeowners
As a homeowner, one of the toughest decisions you’ll have to make about your air conditioner is when it’s time for a new unit. So how are you supposed to know when it’s time to replace your air conditioner?
This video shows how to repair and how to replace air conditioner.
Benefits to Replacement
These are the benefits associated with heater / AC replacement:
- Substantial Cost Savings – If your system is more than 10 years old and repair costs are approaching 50% of the value of the system, a great deal of energy can be saved by upgrading to a newer, more efficient system. Depending on the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER), upgrading could save you 20% to 40% on heating and cooling costs. Do you use a furnace? Answering the repair vs. replacement question is easy. According to Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) ratings, which measure furnace efficiency, systems from the 1970’s offer AFUE ratings of about 65%, while today’s models offer near total efficiency: 97%. That adds up to a lot of energy dollars.
- Tax Incentives – In addition to energy savings that add up over the lifetime of your new system, available tax credits and incentives could save you up to 30% of the cost of newer, high-efficiency systems. Look for the ENERGY STAR label for your best options when considering repair vs. replacement.
- Warranty – Newer units come with a warranty, which helps you save on repair costs should any issues arise.
- Green Benefits – The U.S. Government and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have mandated the phase-out of R-22 refrigerant by 2020 in an effort to protect the ozone. Upgrading to an R-410A system not only helps the environment, but also helps you avoid the high costs of repairing an older system as supplies of R-22 are further cut each year due to the phase-out.
- Comfort & Air Quality – Newer systems do a better job of controlling temperature and humidity, which reduces mold and mildew growth, improving both comfort and air quality in your home.
- Convenience – No more waiting around in an uncomfortable home for repair services or hard-to-find parts for your old system.
Benefits of Repair
Here’s how to tell if repair, as opposed to replacement, is the right route:
Newer Systems – For new or relatively new systems, it is likely that repairs make the most financial sense.
The 50% Rule – If the cost of repair vs. replacement of your system is less than half of its value and you haven’t been suffering the need for monthly service calls to keep your system up and running, repair may be easier on your checkbook.
Moving – If you are planning on moving out of your current home in the immediate future and your system is still working, talk to your local real estate agent to determine whether either repair or replacement would be in your best interest.
Maintenance – If your system is sitting on the fence—neither old nor new—some simple maintenance techniques may help prolong its lifespan and make immediate replacement unnecessary. Ask your technician if this is in your best interest, and if so, what you can do to get a few more miles out of your existing system.
Repair Or Replacement?
If you’re having difficulty determining whether either repair or replacement is in your best interest. Our professional technicians treat your home like it is our own, and can help you determine whether repairing or replacing your existing system offers you the best solution to fit your needs. Call (214) 238-8353 us for your home service and repair needs.
For more related articles and info visit https://www.berkeys.com/category/air-conditioning-articles/