Berkeys offers Air Conditioner Replacement, AC Repair, Air Conditioning Installation, AC Service and AC Tune-Ups in the Greater Dallas TX area.
Our licensed HVAC Air Conditioning Repair technicians in Dallas, TX, are experts in air conditioning, heating & cooling technology and the latest innovations in green technology, including the installation of Energy Star certified products and the use of Ozone friendly refrigerants. Residential customers depend on Berkeys for timely, quality, and affordable air conditioning repair, maintenance, and installation solutions in Dallas. Read our Air Conditioning Reviews.
Residential Air Conditioner & HVAC Service Dallas Includes:
- All services performed by State registered, highly trained HVAC technicians
- Air Conditioner Parts and HVAC labor guarantees (ask for details)
- All major brands of air conditioning equipment serviced
- Installation of energy efficient air conditioner equipment
- Air duct cleaning and replacement
- Help with cash incentives provided by utility companies, manufacturers, and government agencies
- Preventative HVAC Maintenance Plans
Air Conditioning Costs…Did you know?
Air Conditioning & Heating costs the average homeowner about $1,000 a year. That’s nearly half the home’s total energy bill. If your AC unit is more than 12 years old, replacing it with a new, Energy Star qualified model could reduce cooling costs by 30%. (Reference: EnergyStar.gov)
Popular Questions about Air Conditioning Repairs in Dallas Include:
- How much does an air conditioner cost for a 2500 sq ft home?
- How much does an air conditioner cost for a 1000 sq ft home?
- How much does a new AC cost in Texas?
- How much does AC cost per month in Texas?
- AC Repair Questions and Answers in Dallas, TX:
AC Repair Costs depend on who performs the repair, what type of repairs are made, whether it involves parts or complete replacement, and what the company charges for those services, and also the value of the warranty of parts and labor. Of course, the cost of things fluctuates widely, not only due to market costs, inflation, availability, but also based on the labor market and value that company is providing you.
AC repairs in Texas can cost from a couple hundred dollars up to several thousand dollars. AC replacement costs in Texas can vary from as low as $5,000 to $7,000, up to $20,000 or more, per system, again, depending on what is included in the replacement. A comprehensive replacement can include the evaporator, blower, condenser, compressor, fan, filter and thermostat, plus the furnace, air ducts, insulation and indoor air quality products. So there’s no exact price point for repairing or replacing your AC system since there are so many variables including the system size, SEER, noise and reliability, which is why you need to work with only reputable companies that provide licensed, background checked, certified technicians that have a good reputation.
AC repairs can be done by anyone who claims to be an AC repairman. There are countless horror stories about homeowners getting ripped off by conmen, only to have to then call in a reputable company to “fix” the problems they caused by their “cheap” repairs, usually costing that homeowner much more than what it would have cost to have it done right the first time.
Since every home is uniquely designed, homeowners should request licensed, certified HVAC companies to provide an estimate for repairs or replacement. Learn how to do that in the next section below.
The cost of HVAC repairs in Dallas (or anywhere for that matter) will depend on things such as the size (measured in tons), efficiency (measured as SEER, which stands for seasonal energy-efficiency rating), the noise (measured in decibels), and reliability (or how fast it cools a room, which ties back to whether the Air Conditioning System is properly sized for your home, and also whether you will maintain it correctly).
SIZE: HVAC Sizes (or Capacity) is measured in Thermal Units per Hour (Btu/hr.) or Tons
One ton of cooling is equal to 12,000 Btu/hr. For sizing guidance you can refer to the Energy Star website, but ultimately, you need a professional HVAC contractor to do a load calculation to see what you need. Under or oversizing a system for your home can cause significant issues
EFFICIENCY: Seasonal Energy-Efficiency Rating a.k.a. SEER
As of the writing of this, the minimum SEER allowed for new split systems in the United States is 14 SEER. That is at least twenty-percent more efficient than models made 10 years earlier (according to consumer reports in March of 2022) which means systems made in 2012.
Higher SEER air conditioners will cost more, but typically pay for themselves over time via much lower energy costs. Energy Star guidelines require a minimum of 15 SEER and the most efficient models today get up to 26 SEER. Based on your home and budgetary needs, your professional HVAC expert can provide you with the best options to meet your needs.
HVAC System NOISE: Measured in Decibels
Most homeowners prefer a quiet HVAC system. If the outside condenser is near a bedroom or window, this becomes even more important. HVAC noises can come from several sources. Common sounds homeowners may experience coming from outside in the AC condenser, include screeching or squeals, which can mean a bad fan belt is in the motor (similar to a car when the fan belt is bad). Special lubricants are designed specifically for these motors and belts, and you should consult or request the service of a professional before attempting to fix anything yourself. In addition it could void your warranty. Other HVAC sounds include thumping or batting which can come from something being stuck in the fan blades and can also mean problems for air flow. Buzzing sounds could mean a compressor malfunction or refrigerant leak that can cause the unit to freeze.
AC sounds inside the home like rattling, clanking or banging could be associated with the blower motor or assembly and or parts that are loose or broken. Louder or banging sounds are serious problems that require immediate attention and should be turned off until a professional arrives to assess the situation.
Regardless of the sounds, if they are abnormal, or increasing, you need to contact your local, licensed, HVAC repair service provider near you.
How to Verify an HVAC Company in Dallas is Licensed.
The best ways to validate an HVAC Company is legitimate and trustworthy is to confirm their license is current. In Texas, this is found at https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/LicenseSearch/?program=ACR and you will need to know the company’s current license number, usually provided on their website, or available by calling and requesting this. HVAC licenses in Texas are preceded with TACLA or TACLB, which stands for Texas Air Conditioning License (Class A or B). You will need the five-digit number that follows TACLA or TACLB. For reference, the difference is that A Class A HVAC license in Texas allows you to work on a heating or cooling unit of any size or energy output. Compared to a Class B license that restricts working on cooling systems up to 25 tons and heating systems with up to 1.5 million BTUs/hour.
Why is Berkeys is one of the 10 Best Air Conditioning Repair Companies in Dallas, TX?
The word “best” can be considered subjective. But at Berkeys, we feel confident that we are one of the best companies you can trust in Dallas, TX. Here’s the reasons why:
- Texas Requirements: Berkeys Air Conditioning technicians meet all of Texas requirements, certifications and licenses required to work on residential and/or commercial HVAC equipment. These come with their own set of background checks.
- Berkeys Requirements: In addition, all Berkeys technicians are background checked by third party providers that look for criminal history, and are drug screened and are subject to random drug testing. In addition, Berkeys HVAC technicians are required to keep up with the latest product and safety training, and maintain a very high customer satisfaction rating. Every customer provides feedback and ratings on their experience with their HVAC technician.
- Customer Satisfaction and Warranties: All customers receive the benefit of Berkeys warranties including Parts and Labor. When you purchase your own parts, or install your own parts, you are 100% liable for those repairs. When Berkeys provides the parts or equipment, and installs them, Berkeys stands behind their warranties associated with the services and repairs provided.
- Online Reputation: Check out Berkeys online reputation on Google, Facebook, Angi (Angie’s List), and other third party organizations. Plus, you can see what real customers are saying by watching customer testimonial videos, updated monthly with new ones, on our YouTube Channel. Some are listed on our Reviews page, too.
- Berkeys in Business since 1975: Berkeys has been in business since 1975 and maintains A+ ratings on the BBB, all licensing and insurance. With hundreds of employees, Berkeys is committed to taking care of our customers AC Repairs in Dallas.
Tips for Hiring the Right HVAC Company for Servicing and Installing Air Conditioning Equipment
- Find out if the HVAC company meets the licensing and insurance requirements outlined by your State.
- Take an inventory of your current HVAC system (know the model and maintenance history). Understanding this information will help you better explain an issue to a technician.
- Ask the company for customer references and inquire about the company’s air conditioning installation and service performance record. You can also check the Better Business Bureau for information on the company.
- Look for available HVAC rebates on energy efficient equipment that meets the strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- For installations of new air conditioning equipment, the technician should size the cooling system based on the size of your house, level of insulation, and windows. They may also inspect the home’s duct system (if applicable) for air leaks and measure airflow to make sure it meets manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ask for written, itemized estimates, but remember that the lowest price may not be the best deal. If a system is not efficient, your energy costs will be higher.
- Ask for a written proposal of work. It will protect you by specifying project costs, model numbers, job scheduling, and warranty information.
Berkeys knows how unbearable the Dallas, Plano, Fort Worth and Arlington Texas summers can be. Assuring your home’s air conditioning system is functioning properly is our job! We’ll always have the solution to your air conditioning problem, and we’ll rescue you when your system stops working. Call us or schedule your service online today and we think you will see why we are considered to be one of the Best A/C Companies in the Dallas & Fort Worth area!
Berkeys Air Conditioning Serves the Following Dallas Areas:
Berkeys is a licensed HVAC contractor and air conditioning company offering AC repair, Air Conditioning tune-up, and air conditioning replacement services in 75229, 75230, 75225, 75220, 75209, 75219, 75247, 75212, 75235, 75201, 75207, 75248, 75287, 75252, 75244, 75254, 75240, 75251, 75248-1713, 75214, 75228, 75243, 75238, 75218, 75206, 75231, 75204, 75226, 75246, 75227, 75208, 75217, 75232, 75224, 75211, 75241, 75215, 75233, 75253, 75216, 75223, 75237, 75249, 75203, 75210 and more. Call to confirm service for your home.
Articles & Links:
- Berkeys Air Conditioning (AC Repair Dallas)
- Berkeys Air Conditioning (AC Replacement & Installation)
- Berkeys Air Conditioning (AC Tune Up)
- Berkeys BAM Plan (Annual AC Maintenance Service Plan)
- Berkeys is an American Standard Customer Care Dealer in Dallas/Ft. Worth
- American Standard Heating & Cooling Products
- Berkeys is a Dave Lennox Dealer in Dallas/Ft. Worth
- Lennox Air Conditioning & Heating Products
- Mitsubishi Heating & Cooling Products / Ductless AC Minisplit
- Berkeys Air Conditioning Products
- Berkeys Air Quality Products & Services
- 4 Simple Steps Dallas Residents Can Take to Decreasing A/C Bills During the Summer
- Berkeys Weather Stripping to Reduce Air Conditioning Bills
- Berkeys Voted Best of the Best AC Service Dallas
- Berkeys Air Conditioning Q&A
- Best AC Repair in Dallas
Stop paying $79 per System for Tune-Ups.
Get it all for only $99/year with BAM!
BAM! is Berkeys’ Bi-Annual Maintenance Plan for your HVAC Systems. Includes one PRE-PAID* Spring/Summer and one PRE-PAID* Fall/Winter HVAC System Maintenance Visit by Certified Technicians.
*Does not include any recommended parts & labor on recommended repairs, or Freon.
- Up to 15% OFF Parts & Labor
- 30% OFF Service Calls During Regular Business Hours
- Priority Scheduling for Standard & Emergency Repair Service Calls*
- Extended Warranties on Parts & Labor
- 2-FREE Annual Maintenance Visits (AC & Heating)
- ONLY $99/Year – Valid Immediately