Humidity Control with a Whole House Humidifier
Drier than Death Valley
The relative humidity of a home with forced air gas heat on a cold day can be 10% or less. Considering the average relative humidity reading in Death Valley, California, is about 25%, that means your home could be your own private desert.
The higher you turn the heat, the drier the air gets inside your home. That sets off a series of events. Your throat dries out and gets sore. Mucous membranes crack, giving germs a straight shot into the bloodstream.
Hardwood floors dry out and begin to creak, and wooden furniture gets loose and wobbly. Worse yet, it costs more to heat your home, and it always feels cooler than what the thermostat says.
Can a Whole House Humidifier Fix These Problems?
- Static electricity
- Dry skin
- Sore, dry throat
- Cracks in wood furniture, floors, cabinets and paint
- Damage to musical instruments (pianos, guitars, violins)
- Peeling wallpaper
These are classic symptoms of too-dry air inside the home. All heating and air conditioning systems have an air filtration system to remove solid particles, but those do nothing to address humidity in the air. For that you need an air humidifier.
TrueEASE™ Evaporative Humidification Systems
The solution? A whole house humidifier solves all these problems by putting moisture in the air throughout your home, keeping you and the furnishings in your home healthier. The difference is astonishing.
Berkeys recommends TrueEASE™ central humidifiers, installed in the heating system, especially if you have:
- Hardwood floors
- Wooden, leather or laminated furniture
- Piano or other wooden instruments
- Hanging tapestries or expensive rugs
- Sinus problems
- High heating bills
What About Room Air Humidifiers?
Room air humidifiers, which add moisture to the air in a single room, must be sized right for the room. Too much capacity can lead to mold or mildew, as well as fogged windows. Too small a humidifier will result in inadequate coverage.
Because air circulates throughout your home all the time, air that is moistened in a bedroom with a room air humidifier gets moved around and diluted as it mixes with drier air in the rest of your home.
A whole house humidifier delivers uniform humidity throughout your home. A humidistat senses humidity in the same fashion a thermostat measures temperatures. The humidistat controls the flow of water to the humidifier (and you never have to worry about filling it up with water).
No Maintenance Hassles, Quiet Operation, and Savings
- TrueEASE automatically fills itself, and replacement pads can be easily accessed. Honeywell replacement pads feature an exclusive anti-microbial coating that helps inhibit the growth of mold and bacteria.
- TrueEASE is the quietest evaporative humidifier on the market.
- TrueEASE says goodbye to waste and hello to efficiency. The system only runs water and air through the system when humidity is needed – cutting water waste up to 50%** and saving energy by eliminating the constant cycling of air.
No need to breathe unhealthy, dry air in your home. Call us at (972) 464-2057 to find out more about TrueEASE whole house humidifier systems, or contact us online.
**Up to 50% less water waste on Fan-Powered and up to 30% less water waste on Advanced Bypass TrueEASE models. Based on a continuous run time of 24 hours with system specifications set according to ASHRAE Guideline 610.