Home Air Filtration
Is Your Air Filtration System Protecting Your Family?
Try this simple test to see: open the drapes when the sun is shining bright. Is the air clear, or do you see specks of “dust” floating everywhere? All air conditioning and heating systems are installed with air filtration devices, but most fall short of really cleaning the air.
Now It’s Safe to Breathe!
Help is here, real help. Berkeys recommends the Captura air filtration system, which removes up to 99.98% of allergens from filtered air. It can be installed alongside most existing air conditioning and heating systems.
The Captura system uses 2 types of filtration: HEPA with Polarized Media Filtration and UV germicidal purification. The HEPA air filtration system can significantly reduce or even eliminate particulates such as pollen, dust mite dander, insect debris, tobacco smoke, mold, fungi, mildew, pet allergens and dust.
The Polarized Media Filtration system is a new type of filter media that can be installed into your existing filter slot in your HVAC system, and in combination with a Captura PurFlo Air filtration system can purify the air in your home unlike anything else available on the market.
The Captura UV Filtration System uses UV to attract and eliminate germicides such as bacteria and viruses. Both systems can be added on to most existing HVAC systems installed in homes.
What’s In Your Home’s Air?
The Environmental Protection Agency says indoor air can be up to five times less healthy than outside air. Consider:
- The average home creates more than 40 pounds of dust each year.
- Each ounce of dust contains about 40,000 dust mites, one of the most common household allergens.
- As many as 72 trillion allergens find their way into your home every day.
- About 45% of homes in the United States have one or more people with asthma or allergies.
- Children are especially sensitive to airborne allergens because they inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults.
- Tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 chemical compounds, many of which are strong irritants.
- If your heating and air conditioning system doesn’t have effective air filtration, it makes contamination worse by circulating suspended particulates instead of trapping them.
Call the Experts at Berkeys
Berkeys’ factory trained technicians will inspect your filtration equipment every year if you have the BAM Plan. We highly recommend the BAM Plan, which will save you hundreds of dollars each year in ac repairs and tune up costs alone. To learn more about our air filtration options, call Berkeys at 817-405-0740 or schedule an appointment.