Home Air Filtration
Is Your Air Filtration System Protecting Your Family?
Try this simple test to see: open the drapes when the sun shining bright. Is the air clear, or do you see specks of “dust” shining everywhere?
All air conditioning and heating systems are installed with air filtration devices, but most fall far short of really cleaning the air. Even the best High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) air filters stop only about 90% of suspended solids.
Now It’s Safe to Breathe!
Help is here, real help. Berkeys recommends Aprilaire™ Air Filtration, which removes up to 99.98% of allergens from filtered air. It can be installed on most existing air condition and heating systems.
Aprilaire™ Air Filtration is more effective than standard one-inch throw-away air filters or ionic-type room appliances, and many times better than HEPA filters – and it has minimal impact on air flow.
What’s In Your Home’s Air?
The Environmental Protection Agency says indoor air can be up to five times less healthy than outside air. Consider:
- The average home creates more than 40 pounds of dust each year.
- Each ounce of dust contains about 40,000 dust mites, one of the most common household allergens.
- As many as 72 trillion allergens find their way into your home every day.
- About 45% of homes in the United States have one or more people with asthma or allergies.
- Children are especially sensitive to airborne allergens because they inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults.
- Tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 chemical compounds, many of which are strong irritants.
- If your heating and air conditioning system doesn’t have effective air filtration, it makes contamination worse by circulating suspended particulates instead of trapping them.
How Aprilaire™ Works
Unlike paper and HEPA air filters, which must physically trap airborne matter, Aprilaire™ Air Filtration puts an electronic charge in the contaminants so they are attracted to its oppositely charged collection cells, which are precision engineered to trap particles down to 0.3 microns in size.
How small is that? The period at the end of this sentence measures more than 600 microns. You’d need a microscope to see most of the big particles the filter collects.
No Filters to Replace!
Aprilaire™ Air Filtration’s pre-filter and collection cells are fully reusable. Simply rinse or vacuum the pre-filters once every 3 months; do the same for the collection cells every 6-to-9 months and your air filtration system is as good as new.
Of course, Berkeys factory trained technicians will inspect your filtration equipment every year if you have the BAM Plan. We highly recommend the BAM Plan, which will save you hundreds of dollars each year in ac repairs and tune up costs alone. To learn more about Aprilaire™ Air Filtration, call Berkeys at 817-405-0740 or schedule an appointment.