In millions of homes everyday people turn the hot water tap and then wait several minutes for the water to get hot. They waste 3-7 gallons of cold water every time – which adds up to 10,000 to 14,000 gallons of water per year needlessly wasted.
The Green Solution for Hot Water
What if you could push a button and make hot water come from the faucet in 30 seconds or less, without wasting any water? You can with a little-known device Berkeys recommends – the Metlund® Hot Water D’MAND® System. Save green while going green!
Some homes are built with extra plumbing that keeps hot water circulating all the time, so it’s ready when you need it. It’s easy to build this kind of system into a new home, but difficult and expensive to add later.
The Metlund D’MAND system effectively makes any home plumbing system a recirculating one through the use of a sophisticated pump, valve, and sensor. This compact device can be installed easily in a small space under a sink.
Here’s how it works:
- You press a button to activate the pump (can also be activated by motion detector)
- The pump immediately pulls cold water sitting in the hot water line and sends it back to the water heater (tankless or tank-type) through the cold water line
- The sensor automatically shuts off the pump and closes the zone valve when hot water arrives in 15-30 seconds
- You have hot water as soon as you turn on the tap – no water wasted!
Benefits of the Metlund Hot Water D’MAND System
- Delivers hot water within seconds to more than one fixture
- Green living – delivers hot water without running cold water down the drain
- System only operates when there is a demand for hot water
- Automatic “fail-safe” valve
- Life expectancy 15 to 20 years
- Less than $1.00 a year to operate
- Simple installation for new and existing homes
- Works with all standard water heaters (gas, electric, tankless, or propane)
- IAPMO “Uniform Plumbing Code” approved
- UL Listed
If you want to add this device to your home’s plumbing system, call Berkeys at 972-464-2057 or schedule an appointment online.