SOUTHLAKE, TX. – March 11, 2011 – For more than 35 years, Berkeys Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning (www.berkeys.com) has specialized in making homes and businesses in Northeast Tarrant County energy efficient, safe and comfortable. During this time, Berkeys has earned a reputation for prompt, honest service from licensed and factory trained technicians, assuring customers the best in professional service and equipment. Bill Stevens, a master plumber, recognized the company’s potential and purchased it from the original owner in February 1996. Now celebrating his 15-year anniversary, Stevens recounts some of the milestones along the way:
- 1996: Hired first employee, Lee Pogue, who is the company’s current controller.
- 1999: Moved company headquarters from Grapevine to Southlake.
- 2003: Introduced annual service agreement, called the Universal Protection Plan, which set a new standard in home maintenance. For $99 annually, one agreement covered tune ups on air conditioning, heating and plumbing systems, reducing the cost of separate agreements.
- 2009: Began selling Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters to help customers save money and go green.
- 2010: Increased the company’s Universal Protection Plan to a 10-year service agreement for $299 per year.
- 2010: Moved into a new facility in Southlake totaling more than 16,000 square feet.
- 2010: Expanded service area beyond Northeast Tarrant County to include Flower Mound, Lewisville, Denton, as well as in Dallas County and Collin County communities, including Carrollton, Plano, Irving and Frisco.
- 2011: Replaces the Universal Protection Plan with the BAM Plan, offering plumbing, heating and air conditioning tune-ups for $99 per year plus many other perks to make it easier for customers to properly maintain their homes and businesses.
According to Stevens, who continues to serve as Berkeys president, the list of accomplishments does not begin to cover all of the success the company has achieved during the years, which he attributes to an intense focus on providing year-round value and service to the customer.
“During the past 15 years, we have moved into two new buildings, tripled employees, expanded our fleet, broadened our geographic service area, launched multiple websites, and even ventured into social media,” states Stevens. “However, I have always believed the best indication of our success is customer feedback, which continues to be extremely positive and I attribute this to our entire team, especially those employees who meet with customers everyday. I am certainly looking forward to the next 15 years!”
Berkey’s Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning has specialized in the needs of homeowners in Northeast Tarrant County for 35 years. Berkey’s reputation for prompt, honest service from licensed and highly trained technicians assures customers the best in professional service and equipment. In fact, Berkey’s has been named the “Best Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning Company” by newspaper readers in Northeast Tarrant County for the past five years. Don’t take our word for it – read what Berkey’s customers have to say at www.berkeys.com. To schedule an appointment, call 1-877-BERKEYS.