Berkeys offers Grundfos Hot Water Recirculating Pumps in Dallas / Ft. Worth
Interested in a Hot Water Recirculating Pump? Call or email Berkeys today to see if this is a good solution for your home.
Serving Dallas, Fort Worth, Keller, Denton, Grapevine, Plano, Frisco, Arlington, Irving, Flower Mound, Trophy Club and all surrounding areas in DFW.
How it Works
When hot water travels through the pipes in your home it only stays at that temperature while it’s being used. Once shut off, the water cools and the next time it’s needed, you have to wait for a new hot water supply to reach its destination. GrundFos hot water recirculation pumps attach to the water heater through the hot water supply line. The water is constantly recirculated from the heater to the furthest fixture keeping the temperature consistent.
- Pump: The Comfort System is installed on your hot water heater to help pull “recycled” water back to the hot water heater to be reheated and recirculated.
- Pipes: Hot water is always at hand because it continuously circulates from the hot water line to the cold water line and back to the hot water heater.
- Valve: Placed under the sink farthest from the hot water heater, the valve helps regulate the flow from the hot water line to the cold water line.
What about the cost?
In a typical new home (1 story / ~1,700 sq.ft.), a hot water recirculation system typically costs less than $1,000. This also includes the parts and installation. In addition to that, a GrundFos hot water recirculation pump can save you an average of up to 12,000 gallons of water per year, while remaining highly energy efficient.
Following is information about the Grundfos Comfort System Hot Water Recirculation System
Source: Grundfos Website
The water circulation system that eliminates cold water runoff at the faucet using a bypass valve and pump with a timer to control water flow.
Hot Water Recirculation – Special Features
- The ultimate in convenience is having hot water instantly available at sinks, appliances and bathroom faucets. The elimination of time spent waiting is especially convenient in areas where the installation of low flow showerheads and faucets are required by law.
- Hot water recirculation improves the efficiency and effectiveness of household appliances including washing machines and dishwashers by having hot water available instantly.
- Users can save energy by setting the 24 hour programmable timer to make hot water available during peak demand times, such as early morning and in the evening.
- The recirculation pump can be installed by a certified contractor in two hours. For the average home, hot water recirculation systems generally cost a few hundred dollars, including parts and installation.
- A wet rotor design for whisper-quiet and maintenance-free operation.
- Stainless steel rotor cladding and canister construction, an exclusive UP 15 series feature, ensures corrosion-resistance and extended product durability.
- A low-watt, two-pole motor combined with low-flow performance ensures minimum water heater operating costs, pipe and water heater wear and energy consumption.
- Significant water (and sewer) disposal savings, retaining the 12,000 to 38,000 gallons of water a typical U.S. home wastes annually waiting for hot water. Some fast-growing counties are making the installation of hot water recirculation pumps mandatory for all new construction projects.
It’s frustrating having to wait for hot water, not to mention the fact that you end up wasting a lot of it while you wait. That amount of wasted water adds up quickly and in an average community of 300 homes this could be millions of gallons wasted each year.
|ESTIMATE THE AMOUNT OF WATER WASTED IN YOUR HOME EACH YEAR|
|Pipe Type||Hot Water Supply Length, ft||Pipe Volume, gallons||# of Times Water is Used Daily||Daily Water Volume Wasted, gallons||Annual Water Volume Wasted|
|1/2″ Copper, Type “L”||100||2.7||10||27.0||9855.0|
|1/2″ Copper, Type “L”||150||3.4||10||34.0||12410.0|
|1/2″ Copper, Type “L”||200||4.5||10||45.3||16534.5|
|1/2″ Copper, Type “L”||250||5.7||10||56.6||20659.0|
|1/2″ Copper, Type “L”||300||6.8||10||67.9||24783.5|
|3/4″ Copper, Type “L”||100||5.0||10||50.3||18359.5|
|3/4″ Copper, Type “L”||150||7.5||10||75.4||27521.0|
|3/4″ Copper, Type “L”||200||10.5||10||105.0||38325.0|
|3/4″ Copper, Type “L”||250||12.6||10||126.0||45990.0|
|3/4″ Copper, Type “L”||300||15.1||10||151.0||55115.0|
Water conservation is becoming more important as our population increases, hence the need for a system that can help you conserve more of this precious resource. A Hot Water Recirculation (HWR) pump from GrundFos is a good solution for the problem.